Thursday 3 May, 2007

Out of my comfort zone.........

Steve Waugh's Autobiography... A must read for all cricket enthusiasts....

Truly inspiring!! The book runs through his cricketing years on and off the field. A lot of insights to the Aussie outlook to the game. I really liked his scribbles on India.

This book elevated my respect for this cricketer and an admiration for him.

I have always been ticked on by what goes on "Behind the Scenes" be it cricket, bollywood not movies in particular, people and so on.

Well Steve's admiration for India is dealt to the detail in his work. His travel around the subcontinent. I try and emulate him while I travel, rather than sit in the confines of my hotel lobby or a pub, I would venture out and get to search the spirit and soul of the place and people I am in. His take on the Indian cricketing side and his reasoning for their attitude and approach to the game are stunning and reveals the indepth analysis the Aussies does before they take to the field.

He throws light to the team meetings before crucial matches that his team played.

Quite an interesting read. And a good gift to anyone who embodies a leadership spirit within!!!

No comments: